Welcome to 'The Cinema Review'

Hello fellow movie goers. I have gone through life reading endless movie reviews from various sources and I have come to the conclusion that I would like to have a bash at reviewing movies myself. Now, I understand that movie reviews are very subjective, and people's opinions on films are very different and no one person's opinion is more important than anothers, but perhaps a portion of you will find it somewhat interesting to know my own personal thoughts on the films I see. In addition to my reviews I will put up a series of articles and features. So here I present to you 'The Cinema Review', a place for me to voice my feelings on my no.1 passion - movies.







Saturday 25 December 2010

The Greatest Christmas Movie


Merry Christmas Everyone, (which I say with even more enthusiasm than Shakin Stevens, plus I'd make a far better music video than him) and it is that time of year again when people sit round a glowing tree opening assorted parcels and eat like the apocalypse is nigh. And with this festive post today I bring you the results of the Christmas movie poll, so here you have it:

1. It's A Wonderful Life
A true classic, highly deserving of this title. A must watch for everyone.

2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Chevy Chase at his slapstick best, hilarious from start to finish.

3. Home Alone/ The Muppet Christmas Carol
Tied for third place was two more festive favourites, the fantastically fun 'Home Alone', and the charm of the muppets combined with Michael Caine as Scrooge to create 'The Muppet Christmas Carol',  two firm family favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment