Welcome to 'The Cinema Review'

Hello fellow movie goers. I have gone through life reading endless movie reviews from various sources and I have come to the conclusion that I would like to have a bash at reviewing movies myself. Now, I understand that movie reviews are very subjective, and people's opinions on films are very different and no one person's opinion is more important than anothers, but perhaps a portion of you will find it somewhat interesting to know my own personal thoughts on the films I see. In addition to my reviews I will put up a series of articles and features. So here I present to you 'The Cinema Review', a place for me to voice my feelings on my no.1 passion - movies.







Saturday 11 December 2010

Truly Intriguing Movie Facts: Part III

  • While shooting the famous run through the streets of Philadelphia in 'Rocky', Sylvester Stallone pulled a tendon in his leg and had to be taken to a local hospital in a wheelbarrow.
  • 'Top Gun' director Tony Scott was officially fired three times during the film's production.
  • Sean Connery turned down the role of Gandalf in the 'Lord Of The Rings' trilogy as the 18 month filming time was too much for him.
  • Some of the chariot racers in 'Ben Hur' were seen to be wearing wrist watches.
  • Actor Max Von Sydow played Jesus Christ in 'The Greatest Story Ever Told' and Satan in 'Needful Things', making him the only actor to play both.
  • The scene in Frenchy's bedroom in 'Grease' in which Rizzo is singing the line about Elvis, was filmed on the very same day that Elvis actually died.
  • In 'Toy Story' whenever a character's eyes blink, they never blink together, but one at a time.
  • During the climactic motorbike chase in 'The Great Escape', director Jim Sturges allowed Steve McQueen to ride (in disguise) as one of the pursuing German soldiers, so in the final sequence, through the magic of editing, he is actually chasing himself.
  • Bette Davis was in the process of breaking up with husband William Sherry while she was making 'All About Eve'. Her raspy voice in the film is due a burst blood vessel in her throat from screaming at her soon-to-be-ex-husband. Director Joseph L. Mankiewicz liked the sound of her voice and in feeling it worked with the character encouraged her not to change it.
  • For 'Saving Private Ryan' all of the principle actors underwent days of gruelling army training, except for Matt Damon, who was spared so that the other actors would resent him, and they would therefore portray that resentment in their performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment