Welcome to 'The Cinema Review'

Hello fellow movie goers. I have gone through life reading endless movie reviews from various sources and I have come to the conclusion that I would like to have a bash at reviewing movies myself. Now, I understand that movie reviews are very subjective, and people's opinions on films are very different and no one person's opinion is more important than anothers, but perhaps a portion of you will find it somewhat interesting to know my own personal thoughts on the films I see. In addition to my reviews I will put up a series of articles and features. So here I present to you 'The Cinema Review', a place for me to voice my feelings on my no.1 passion - movies.







Sunday 2 January 2011

'Little Fockers' Review


This movie quite simply pails in comparison to its predecessors. Despite having a few laugh out loud moments and decent performances from it's cast, it cannot be saved from it's weak plot and moments of unnecessary stupidity. It is shame that this movie was such a letdown given the potential that the series holds. I must however make it clear at this stage that I did not dislike this movie, as it was watchable.

Despite good performances from most of the other cast members, Robert DeNiro is this movie's saving grace, and is the main reason this movie was not a complete disaster, as he still nails this character and is consistently funny throughout. Jessica Alba on the other hand, who played a drugs rep (a new character to the series) was ridiculous in this film, and at moments quite simply made it unbearable.

I felt that this movie was perhaps made given the fact they had managed to get all the cast on board again, and because of this did not particularly care about the film's plot, and therefore created a story which seemed to go nowhere special. Moments in the film were stupid beyond comprehension, often taking this movie away from anything remotely realistic, which was a big mistake given it is meant to be the story of a family which people can somewhat relate to. The writing was particularly week and some lines had zero relevance and were just used as a desperate ploy to get some laughs, this notably happened during a dinner table scene when the son (a 'little focker') asked his father if, and I quote 'can girls poop out of their vagina'. An example of a gag so cheap, if it were an item of clothing, even Primark would not stock it.

All in all, only characters we have grown to love, strong performances from some cast members and a few genuinely funny moments are all that allows this movie to edge away from being a bad one.

Verdict:
2 Stars

1 comment:

  1. This is disappointing to read. I had hopes for this one. Oh well, usually the third sequel is the worst.

    ReplyDelete